Saturday, March 3, 2012

More Movies.


My next entry will be about something other than films I've seen recently, I promise. In the mean time, go see Polanski's "Carnage". It's absolutely ridiculous and nothing short of incredible...Kate Winslet can literally do no wrong in my eyes.
Also this week, I went to Bio|Oko(it's a bar/movie theatre with lawn chairs and old cars instead of traditional seats...) and saw all of the short films nominated for the Best Live Action Short Oscar this year.
I'm not quite sure how you would go about watching these films since they're not on wide release (the Bio|Oko screening was apparently the last one in Central/Eastern Europe), but if you happen to get really lucky and find a theatre that's playing these films, I cannot recommend them enough; each and every one of them was absolutely vibrant and fantastic. It made me sad that short films really don't get much attention at all as a medium--there is so much that can be said in such a short amount of time, and the fact that you don't need to support a feature-length plot lets you get really creative with it. Here's links to trailers (maybe if you do a little digging you might be able to find the full versions online somewhere...some are available for download on iTunes): Pentecost, Raju, Tuba Atlantic, The Shore, Time Freak. I won't tell you which one won in case you didn't see the Academy Awards and you want to guess...enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment