Saturday, March 24, 2012

Feelin' So Fly.














So, as you know from religiously reading my blog (seriously guys, it's actually kinda getting out of hand. I know that my life is far sexier and more interesting than yours, but come on...get a hobby), I have been making a point of trying to find all of the David Černý sculptures that are all over Prague.
Well, this week I made a new addition to my David Černý repertoire...with David Černý himself! We spotted him at the bar that he frequents (according to him, it's his 'living room') and helped design (he made the bar countertops which were filled with weird creepy toys and other found objects, including his own 'DNA', apparently). My friends who talked to him for upwards of two hours insist that he is just as weird as his crazy artwork. Anyway, there's a music festival called Lunchmeat going on at David Černý's club Meet Factory (pictured) tonight, so I think I'm gonna go check it out later!









In other super-cool VIP news, I got to get super fancy this week and go to the amazing Prague Municipal House to see the Prague Symphony play some bomb-ass music. It was absolutely gorgeous and I felt so fancy drinking champagne in the amazing Art Nouveau lobby. It was, ironically, American night featuring composers like George Gershwin and Leonard Bernstein, and also this composer I had never heard of, but was amazing, Ferde Grofé:


Now, picture how classy I'd look listening to this live...




EDIT:
Here's a picture I took inside the Municipal House. Looks like we're in the Titanic post-iceberg!

No comments:

Post a Comment